Whole Roasted Tilapia With Tomatillo Avocado Salsa
- SERV 2
- COOK 18-20 Mins
1 Whole Tilapia, cleaned
3 tablespoons smoked paprika
3 tablespoons dried cilantro
3 tablespoons paprika
2 teaspoons cumin
2 teaspoons kosher salt
1.5 teaspoons black pepper
1 ripe avocado
1 tablespoon honey
1 bunch cilantro (divided in half)
Juice and zest from 1 lime
1 clove garlic
½ white onion, coarsely chopped
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Combine all spices and set aside until you are ready to use. This blend can be made in advance and stored in an air-tight container up to thirty days.
- For the salsa, Place all the ingredients in a blender or food processor and blend until smooth. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil. With a sharp knife, make slashes crosswise on a diagonal along the body of the fish every 2″ on both sides.
- Season fish generously inside and out with seasoning rub. Drizzle with olive oil.
- Roast 18-20 minutes, the fish will be tender and flaky, or until it reaches an internal temperature of 145 degrees.
- Pour salsa on a platter and gently place the fish on top. Garnish with reserved cilantro in the cavity and around the fish. Serve with tortillas.