Tilapia Tacos al Pastor
- SERV 4
- COOK 26 Mins
1 pound Regal Springs Tilapia Tenders
1 14 oz can Fire Roasted Tomatoes
2 chipotles in adobo or 2 teaspoons chipotle powder
2 cloves garlic, peeled
½ teaspoon of oregano
1 cup orange juice
5 lemons (juice)
4 teaspoons olive oil
1 cup chopped pineapple
¼ cup chopped onion
½ cup finely chopped coriander
Salt and pepper to taste
- Use a blender to blend the tomatoes, chipotle in adobe, onion, garlic, oregano, orange juice, pineapple and lemon juice until smooth. Season with salt to taste.
- Marinate the tilapia loins in a big bowl with the marinade sauce for 30 minutes, cover and refrigerate.
- While the fish marinades, grill small cubes of pineapple to serve with the tacos.
- Heat the olive oil in a pan. Cook the fish with the marinade, lower the heat and cover the pan, cook over medium heat for 8 minutes per side or until the fish and sauce are brown and caramelized.
- Prepare the tacos al pastor with the tortillas and serve with chopped pineapple, onion, cilantro, lemon, guacamole and pico de gallo.